Our Family Coalition
LGBTQ History Stakeholder Forum - San Francisco
Over the past few months, we have connected with many stakeholders eager to help co-create a high quality LGBTQ-inclusive professional learning program for teachers and administrators. Now we'd like to invite educators, historians, and interested community members to influence this planning processes.
The LGBTQ History Stakeholder Forum will be a daylong event, with facilitated sessions on key questions such as:
• What are the best structures, content, and strategies to provide professional development for administrators and teachers around implementing the teaching of LGBTQ history in our schools?
• What does the research inform us about teaching LGBTQ history?
• How can we best collaborate and leverage the resources we each have, to get the best materials to educators?
• What academic institutions, education professionals, organizations, companies, and others should be involved?
• How do we support school districts in the implementation of policies consistent with the FAIR Education Act and of LGBTQ history teaching that is aligned with the new state History/ Social Science Frameworks?
• How can we impact the education of all students so they are more engaged in learning, in a way that improves retention and graduation rates, and leads to more college- and career-readiness?
We'll facilitate discussion among educators and educational stakeholders, bringing all our collective insight to bear on the content and structure of the inaugural LGBTQ history professional learning program (to be hosted in Spring 2019).
For further information about The LGBTQ History Stakeholder Forum, please contact email@example.com.